08 January 2009

Greetings to all:

I cannot believe that it has been 3 months since I have put anything on this blog. That time sure has gone so fast, fast, fast. I am doing quiet well, I do believe. I have been on the go more than ever. On December the 2nd, I told the session and then the congregation that I am planning to retire from the church on April 30, 2009. Actually my last Sunday will be Easter and my last day will be the 16th. So it is about 3 months and a week. Perhaps, when that happens I can put more on the blog, but I will not make that a promise because as I think about all I want to do when I retire I do believe that I will be doing more than I am now.

The holiday's were very busy but went very well. Eric and Erin came over Christmas Eve and then we went on Saturday and met Jennifer, Travis, and family half way and got a motel room. We open the gifts, went swimming, had pizza, and then Eric, Erin and I came back home because I had to preach on Sunday. Again this year I did all the shopping and wrapping and did get a few of the decorations out. The tree did not get up until two days before Christmas. I was truly living on the edge, but I did get it all done. Praise the Lord! And indeed I do still need to proclaim that God is good - all the time! All the time - God is good! And God has been so good to me.

My work with law enforcement and fire service also still continues. In fact, I spent New Years Eve riding with one the State Police Troopers. In a four hour period of time we stopped about 12 cars and made two arrests. That was indeed a pretty active evening. Then just this past Tuesday between noon and one o'clock we had about 10 crashes, 5 with injury and 5 no injury. I was at my third injury crash when the Sheriff told me that there was a fire in the south east part of the county and they needed me. I got there to find out that a woman had died in the fire. I spent the next 8 hours with the family and neighbors.

Well I have already been at this longer than I was going to be, so I must stop and get to bed. Know that I think of family and friends often and hopefully Buddy and I can do some traveling this summer and see some of you in person. In the mean time, take care, have a positive day, and God bless.

Jack
John 3:16

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Heard you were retiring. Good for the Church and for the community. I understand you won't allow this to be posted, you're just that kind of guy uh? Anyway, enjoy your retirement. I'm sure you won't lose any sleep over leaving. Then again, neither will we.

RebelHealth Chick said...

Jack,
It's me, Sam (G) Farina - just linking in to all of your electronic comm's! I feel so "reconnected" to my past now! Woo hoo!