18 September 2008

Greetings:

Yes, I am still around and think about all of you more often than you may realize. Many, many times I have said to my self that I needed to publish on the blog but have been to tired to do so. I probably should not be doing this now, because I have a very busy day and really need to get to the office, but just feel lead to let you all know a little.

August and September so far, have been very busy months. I took two more weeks vacation in August so that for the first time since we came to Peru I have used almost all of my vacation time. I receive 5 weeks and so far I have taken 4 of them. When Marty only got 2 weeks, I don't believe that I ever took more than 3 weeks vacation and then I lost the rest. The first week in August Buddy and I went to the local state park and I did about 107 of the 140 thank you notes that I needed to do. I am hoping to have the rest of them done the end of this month. During that week I was also in the office every day because of one of the churches that I am the chairperson of the Administrative Commission for because they are leaving our denomination. The second week I went to Jennifer's and took the boys camping for a couple of days. That was really fun and I think they had a good time as well. At least we had a fire each night and sure enjoyed the some-mores. Although a number of them were quite black, it almost seemed like there was something fun about setting them on fire and then blowing them out. God is good - all the time. All the time - God is good.

I am not sure how to do it and will have to find out, but I now have some pictures of Buddy riding the motorcycle with me. We went on a Blue Knights poker run, for the start of the United Way for this year and a number of people took pictures, so I finally got some. We rode 62 miles that day and it was great. I had to brake off a little early because the newspaper editor had challenged me as to who could raise the most $ in the dunk tank - thank you Lord is was a very nice sunny day that was not to cold or to hot. A fine time was had by all, I raised a few more $ than he did (believe me just 2 or 3) and together we raise over $125 for United Way. Praise the Lord!

Things at church have been moving along and the Fall programs are getting under way. The support group has gotten started again and we are opening it to the community. We are calling it T.L.C. - that is for "Talk, Listen, and Care." I am also working on a few programs for Oct. and Nov. that will speak to the question "What do you say when....?" Some of the "when's" are: someone is diagnosed with a terminal illness, when someone has a miscarriage, someone dies, and someone gets a divorce. The speakers will all be people who have been through these things. I am really feeling that God is leading me to do this to help people become more willing and able to talk about these subjects and minister to people that are going through them. I still say that the death of a spouse is most difficult and it is so hard to find people that are willing to talk about it and help you out. I believe that a big part of my ministry to come will deal with that subject. Just the other day I was talking to someone at Wabash College, who wants to talk to me more about the subject and has some really good ideas on how I might spread the word and help people to understand the need.

Well, I wasn't even going to write this much, but each time I get start writing I realize how much I have to catch you all up on and I don't really have time to do it. It is a lot easier to do in the morning rather than so late at night. So maybe I will have to try to do this more often.

Before sign off I must say that God is so good - all the time. All the time - God is so good. Without God in my life I really do not know what I would be doing. So many time and so many ways God is there and guiding me. God is so awesome and gracious. When there are those times that are so hard I feel God's presence and encouragement. A number of those time, and I believe it is a God thing, that God puts in my presence someone that will listen, talk, and care. Praise the Lord! And all the time God will show me the beauty of God's natural creation that is so beautiful and for me such a reminder that God is so awesome and gracious. Praise the Lord! When Buddy and I are out camping that is particularly true for me. Indeed I do still feel so close to God when camping and still have the love for it. And I do not believe that Buddy minds going at all. In fact I know that really enjoys the walks - more than he get when we are home. And yes Buddy seems to be making the adjustments in his life fairly well. He does seem to be going through a stage right now that he does not want to leave me. To me there is no question that he misses Marty and is not afraid that I am going to leave him. Of course the other side of that coin is that I have spoiled him even more and I take him with me so many places that I go and of course he loves it.

See what I mean about having more to say, and I havn't even said anything about being on standby with ISP to go to the Gulf Coast and then to Texas. I will have to save all of that for another time because I must stop know and proof this so I can get to the office - so take it as it is.

Have a positive day, take care, and God bless.

Jack
Romans 8:28

No comments: